Know your customers, and there’s a good chance you’ll deliver the products and services they’re looking for…and retain those clients for a long time! Have you heard about the 5 different types of customers, and how to cater to each?
TeleDirect’s business process outsourcing (BPO) call center platform and other services are versatile enough for our own exceptionally diverse client base, which spans the entire business continuum. Whether you’re looking to enhance your call center platforms, or streamline your existing business model, we’re here to help!
OK, let’s take an in-depth at the 5 types of customers, and how to deal with different types of customers.
Share this Image On Your Site
5 Types of Customers
The different types of customers generally fall into 5 different categories. Sure, each client is unique, but for focusing on what matters to your customers, it helps to know about these 5 types of customers:
- Long-term & loyal customers: They’re the backbone of your business model, the clients who keep coming back because you deliver results. Take your entire client base. Now, figure out which customers comprise half of your sales figures, but less than a quarter of your total client base. Those are the loyal customers. To ensure they stay long-term & loyal, an effective client retention program can help – and TeleDirect offers this service as part of our outbound BPO platform!
- One and done. Also known as impulse buyers, these clients are the toughest to figure out from the 5 types of customers. In their eyes, your product or service is the most important thing in the world right now, at this moment. Figuring out how to convince them your business’s value and results will help turn this customer into a long-term, profitable relationship!
- Potential customers. This would-be client if almost ready to purchase – but not yet. To make potential customers some of your most loyal, it helps to have a great lead generation application to find potential customers – and a telesales & upsells platform to capitalize on their enthusiasm!
- Ready to buy now. Some customers require a bit of persuasion to buy your products and services. Others, like this type of customer, have already made up their minds, so you want to make their transaction as painless as possible. Do you have a streamlined order processing strategy? If not, TeleDirect does, and it’s made to fit any business model, including yours!
- Bargain basement hunter. Put this type of customers somewhere between the potential customer and the ready to buy now client. They’re too indecisive to buy right now, but might come back tomorrow (or in an hour) ready to seal the deal, especially if you have a discount or special promotion. But don’t lower your price too much – this type of customer, at a low enough cost, will think even you don’t believe in your business!
See How TeleDirect Can Help You With All Types of Customers!
Regardless of your industry, you only have so much hours in the day. If tasks like call center operations and related tasks have you underwater, regain control with TeleDirect’s professional outsourced services.
We’ll refine your processes, allowing you to focus on true customer service – for all 5 types of customers! To see how we can help, fill out our customer contact form or call our customer service & BPO experts at (800) 776-1081.
Smitha is the CEO and CFO of TeleDirect. Smitha obtained her license as CPA in 2007 from the California Board of Accountancy. Smitha is a results-driven leader with a proven track record of driving profitability and growth. With over 20 years of experience in business and finance, Smitha’s expertise in developing and implementing strategic plans has led to significant improvements in customer satisfaction, employee engagement, and operational efficiency. Smitha’s expertise in financial analysis and strategic planning allows her to develop innovative solutions that balance the needs of clients, employees, and shareholders. Smitha is passionate about building strong relationships with clients and fostering a culture of excellence that empowers employees to deliver outstanding results.