Do you know how many leads you are losing and how much every lost lead is costing your company? As your company grows, this question should be first and foremost in your mind. You can quickly calculate this figure by knowing the number of leads you receive in a given time and how many leads are converted into clients.
It’s almost guaranteed that if you’re in growth mode, you will leave money on the table, with some clients getting lost in the shuffle. This information isn’t meant to leave you disheartened; it’s meant to steer you toward your potential. Imagine if every phone call was answered quickly and professionally, no matter the time or day. Consider the benefits of someone following up with your clients and setting appointments, readying your sales team to follow through and close the deal. Imagine cold calls turning into qualifying leads with appointments secured. Imagine.
That’s the power of appointment setting. So, what is appointment setting? It’s not about cold calls and potential leads that don’t amount to anything — at least, not at TeleDirect. Our inbound and outbound agents are pros who generate, verify and qualify leads. We’ll make the appointments. Your team performs their magic.
Benefits of Appointment Setter
At TeleDirect, setting appointments is what we do. In fact, not to pat ourselves on the back too much, but we consider ourselves pros. What makes us pros? Lots and lots of experience. We’ve been doing this for 25 years, starting as an eight-seat answering service and working our way up to a national business process outsourcer and industry-leading call center. Why the expansive growth? Because we’re good at what we do and care about our clients. We consider ourselves your long-term partner, with you now and long into the future. Every call we make, we consider a potential lead and treat it as such. We not only set appointments, but we also confirm them when they get closer and increase show rates.
Additional benefits of an appointment setter include answering the many questions high-funnel prospects typically have. This gets the basic information out of the way so you can focus on the details that set your brand apart. At the same time, this allows us to qualify leads. Our B2C and B2B appointment-setting services are designed to instill confidence in your services or products.
Keep in mind that an appointment setter does more than schedule appointments and callbacks for potential customers. They also make appointments for leads in other areas, whether you’re looking for funding, partnerships or vendors. They’re an essential part of your team, providing effective communications designed to help your company grow.
At TeleDirect, you can be assured that your clients are in the best hands. Our professional agents are the most qualified and well-trained in the industry, ensuring they represent your company and brand with the utmost integrity and knowledge. They are also skilled communicators who understand a potential customer’s pain points and how your service or product resolves them. They build rapport and express empathy, setting you up for success in building a relationship and establishing credibility.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in Appointment Setting
Appointment setting is, in many ways, an art form that requires extensive experience. A few of the mistakes we commonly see in companies starting out include the following:
- Too broad a target audience: One of our first tasks when working together is ensuring you have a clearly defined target market. Too broad, and you’re faced with countless appointments that go nowhere. Too narrow, and potential customers will be left to wander to another brand.
- Turning to someone without industry knowledge: Some of our clients arrive to us by way of default. They tried outsourcing appointment setting with another company and found they lacked the industry knowledge to provide successful campaigns. Do your due diligence and ensure you work with a company like TeleDirect with a proven successful track record. You will find our customer-centric, highly trained agents are unmatched in the industry.
- Lack of measurable data: Data, as you know, is the name of the game. Failing to keep track of appointment conversion rates and your ROI is critical to your success. Working with a well-qualified appointment-setting company like TeleDirect leverages our expertise and optimizes your budget. We also provide an overview of all calls and the results associated with those calls.
- Not providing adequate information: You look at your calendar and see a host of new appointments for you and your team. When you make the calls, however, you find you’re answering questions on topics that should have been covered in the initial call. A potential lead should know the services or products you offer and how they fit into their needs.
- No procedures in place: Making qualified appointments requires a replicable procedure that’s been mastered and demonstrated proven results. This process ensures nothing was missed, and all questions are answered. It’s the difference between effective appointment setting and wasted time. In essence, there is no improvising or stand-up. That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be able to tell the difference between an appointment setter and a robot. It does mean that we handle all of the details.
- Not updating customer records: For some people, typing while talking to a prospective client throws them off their game and may even create a less-than-personable demeanor. They take notes at the end of the conversation to solve this issue. Then, another call comes in, and on it goes, with the result being outdated customer relationship management records. Unless you or your team members have autobiographical memories, chances are the next communication with that customer elicits repeat questions and translates to a customer who doesn’t feel heard or appreciated.
- Overselling: We saved the best for last because it’s one of the most common appointment-setter mistakes. When you set an appointment, you’re enticing a prospective client to meet in person or touch base on a video conference call. If you pressure them on that first call, you may not have the opportunity to speak directly with them and offer your presentation. The key is genuinely wanting to be of service; the rest will follow.
Getting Started With Appointment Setting at TeleDirect
We provide our clients with a simple pricing model, letting you pay as you go. There are no monthly contracts or fees. You simply pay for prepaid minute blocks and can roll any unused time over to the next month. In fact, you can keep rolling them over for up to two years! Of course, once you experience the benefits of working with TeleDirect, unused minute blocks are a thing of the past.
It’s also important to know how we keep your customers’ information secure. We provide a high level of security certifications and standards that protect you and your clients, putting you at ease and instilling confidence and trust. Our dedicated staff is U.S.-based, which means you’ll experience real-time customer support. Providing inbound and outbound call center services, as well as sales-focused tools, ensures a comprehensive solution that’s there for you as your needs change and your company grows.
Are you ready to expand your brand and take advantage of appointment setting at TeleDirect? To learn more about our process or one of our many other services, contact TeleDirect today.
Smitha is the CEO and CFO of TeleDirect. Smitha obtained her license as CPA in 2007 from the California Board of Accountancy. Smitha is a results-driven leader with a proven track record of driving profitability and growth. With over 20 years of experience in business and finance, Smitha’s expertise in developing and implementing strategic plans has led to significant improvements in customer satisfaction, employee engagement, and operational efficiency. Smitha’s expertise in financial analysis and strategic planning allows her to develop innovative solutions that balance the needs of clients, employees, and shareholders. Smitha is passionate about building strong relationships with clients and fostering a culture of excellence that empowers employees to deliver outstanding results.