Inbound call center solutions.
Outbound contact center assistance.
At the end of the day, which one is more important for your business or enterprise? You might be surprised to learn that many of our valued customers initially contact TeleDirect with only a vague idea of each type of client communication.
Which one should your business concentrate on? It depends on a multitude of factors:
- Business or service type. Every enterprise has its own unique call center demands. Marketing agencies typically concentrate on outbound calls due to marketing opportunities. Hospitals and healthcare centers, meanwhile, are more oriented toward inbound calls, due to critical patient communication, appointment follow-up communication, and other incoming communication.
- Industry Considerations. Depending on the current business climate and your industry, your business may have to shift from inbound to outbound communication, and vice versa. The ability to recognize quickly changing circumstances, and adjust accordingly, is one advantage TeleDirect’s business process outsourcing (BPO) call center services provides.
- “Need it now,” on-demand call center support. From product recalls to other crisis communication, inbound and outbound solutions can vary in importance literally from day to day, even hour to hour. Again, on-the-fly tweaks to your call center are streamlined with TeleDirect’s inbound and outbound call services.
Knowing the differences between the two main types of customer communication protocols helps any business owner, CEO, non-profit executive or enterprise leader effectively recognize, analyze, and plan their call centers to handle clients and customers.
From our perspective, both inbound and outbound services are critical. But they ebb and flow in terms of critical functions and relevance. Let’s see how each service differs, and how you can leverage this information to improve your customer communication platform.
Main Differences Between Inbound and Outbound Solutions
So what are the main differences between inbound and outbound call centers? The main distinction is the call direction. Inbound call centers focus on receiving client/customer calls. This inbound communication could be for service assistance, support, appointment confirmations, and other related calls. Thus, an effective inbound solution typically requires intuitive automated support or professional, customer-focused agents who can quickly offer assistance. Many times, both automated and live agent help is required for inbound solutions. Comprehensive customer service is imperative for effective inbound call centers.
What about outbound call centers? Think of outbound solutions as the polar opposite of the inbound variety. While inbound systems are centered on customer service and real-time assistance, outbound call centers are all about marketing. Sales techniques, lead response management, and other marketing initiatives comprise outbound communication.
Another important difference between inbound and outbound solutions involves the clients. Most inbound communication is from existing customers, while the majority of outbound calls are for potential customers.
Tipping Point: The 50% Rule
As a general rule of thumb, and call center that takes 50% or more of calls from customers is technically an inbound system. Conversely, a contact platform that places more than half their calls to customers (as outreach, marketing, etc.) is an outbound center.
Some businesses are firmly entrenched one way or the other. Others ride a fine line between inbound and outbound solutions. Thankfully, with TeleDirect’s call center platform, our clients can pick and choose which services they need at any given time. These services include:
- Inbound solutions – lead qualification, order processing, customer service, Tier 1 tech assistance, overflow support, and other services comprise our inbound call center services.
- Outbound solutions – TeleDirect’s outbound slate of services includes marketing expertise, lead generation, customer retention, appointment setting, telesales & upsells, and much more. If you need outbound call center help, TeleDirect is the optimal provider for reliable, robust BPO.
- Contact center BPO – taken as a whole, inbound and outbound solutions are separate yet critical elements of a contact center. With TeleDirect, our customized solutions comprise specific upgrades, complete contact center overhauls, and everything in between.
Need Help with Inbound & Outbound Solutions? Get in Touch with TeleDirect Today!
From inbound expertise to outbound excellence, TeleDirect is the only BPO solution you need. We work with every enterprise, from local non-profits to multinational corporations. With a singular focus on value and results for our inbound and outbound solutions, we realize the importance of comprehensive, collaborative customer communication.
If you’re not sure about your current inbound and outbound needs, or you need to upgrade your call center flexibility and functionality, call TeleDirect today at (800) 776-1081. Our inbound and outbound experts are here to help. You can also fill out our client contact form; just answer a few basic questions, and a TeleDirect call center associate will reach out with affordable, on-point solutions.
Thanks for visiting TeleDirect!
Smitha is the CEO and CFO of TeleDirect. As the CEO of TeleDirect, Smitha is responsible for running all facets of the business and has a proven executive management track record. Smitha obtained her license as CPA in 2007 from the California Board of Accountancy. With more than 15 years of experience in business, finance and accounting, Smitha is also responsible for implementing financial controls and processes. She is also responsible for organizational improvements and streamlining business operations that drive growth, increase efficiency, and bottom-line profit.