So you’re thinking about hiring a call center. Whatever your reasons for doing so — lack of internal expertise, the desire to switch focus on your own products and services, or even as a money and time-saving tactic — it’s time to make the move.
Hiring a call center is one of the most important decisions your business or nonprofit can make. Remember, when you hire an outbound call center or call center platform, you’re essentially hiring an extension of your business.
TeleDirect is the outsourced call center of choice for small, medium and large businesses, not to mention numerous nonprofits everywhere. Why? We go the extra mile to help anyone hiring a call center, which means we account for all call center requirements, not just the must-haves on our clients’ radar.
Here’s a primer to follow when hiring a call center.
How to Hire a Call Center – A Checklist for Success
Here are a handful of things to look out for when you hire an outbound call center:
- Availability. Is your next call center a TRUE 24/7/365 operation, like TeleDirect? Customer service never takes a break…and even when your own facility is closed for the day, it helps to have a call center platform that’s open all the time – anytime your clients need information. This is one of the most overlooked (and obvious) aspects of hiring a call center…make sure you take this into account!
- Inbound & outbound resources. A call center isn’t just about answering phones. When you need extra assistance with both avenues of communication, hire an outbound call center like TeleDirect. Inbound services are covered, along with extra outbound tasks like telesales, customer retention tactics and more.
- Enrollment & event registration. Reservation services are essential for any complete call center. Most companies don’t know how to hire a call center, so make sure your next call center includes built-in reservation services.
- Tech capability. Today’s uber-automated call centers require next-level monitoring, applications and fluid, robust technology to meet and exceed customer expectations. In order to constantly deliver results for your own customers, make sure your call center has the most advanced infrastructure in place. TeleDirect does…so no worries with us!
- Sales-friendly tools. Hiring a call center with lead qualification and lead verification is always a smart plan. This way, you’ll manage customer calls and increase your customer base — all at the same time!
When you hire an outbound call center, ensure these things are covered — and with TeleDirect, you always know we have your back!
The Importance of a Reliable Call Center
At TeleDirect, we consider ourselves an extension of your company, a part of your team. And, as any team member knows, the cornerstone of your success (and ours) is trust. Harvard Business Review reported on a 2021 survey of 1,000 consumers. While over 80% felt trust was a deciding factor in their purchases, only 34% trusted the brands they used. So, how do you address this missing sentiment, and how can you hire a call center to help you?
One of the top ways to build customers’ trust is to provide them with a reliable experience and offer a quick response to their concerns. To that end, you need to know the call centers for hire will be there for your customers 24/7 and that they’ll be engaged, not merely reading off a script. They require a reliable infrastructure with robust networks, telephony service, and state-of-the-art technology. Their agents require comprehensive knowledge of your products and services to best represent your brand.
The bottom line: If you establish a reputation as a reliable company, you will develop a brand-loyal base.
In addition to being there for your customers when they need you, you create a trustworthy brand by providing an authentic experience. That requires consistent messaging, honesty and a mission statement that’s on purpose. Those are big shoes to fill when your customers reach out to a call center. Hiring a call center that knows your vision and what you stand for, and can translate that passion to your customers when they call, ensures consistent brand messaging.
As you can see, the importance of a reliable call center is much more than picking up the phone. And while some circumstances may only require an automated response, it’s essential to hire a call center that can handle all aspects of an inbound call. After all, who your customers talk to on the other end of the line defines your brand.
At TeleDirect, we’re committed to providing the highest level of customer support. This requires providing your customers with a reliable and authentic experience. To accomplish this, our U.S.-only based staff undergo rigorous training, and we develop a customer call center plan. We’ll determine inherent deficiencies in your current system, define areas of opportunities, and then create the ultimate customer service experience!
Key Factors to Consider When Outsourcing a Call Center
While there are numerous factors to consider, we believe these six are critical components when outsourcing a call center.
1. Specialized agent training
Like your employees, we consider our agents the foundation of our business. We hold them to high standards and appreciate their work ethic in return. When outsourcing a call center, highly trained and professional agents are the cornerstone of your success.
2. Full-service capability
Many businesses consider call centers for hire when they’re unable to respond to customers in a timely manner. But a call center should be so much more! Inbound services should offer everything customer service-related. This includes answering complex questions, bookings, purchases and payments.
Outbound services involve reaching out to your current customers or potential leads. This includes assisting with sales, upselling and lead generation, helping you grow your business! It also includes following up with customers, enhancing engagement and creating a personalized experience.
Surveys and market research can help you gather valuable feedback and increase customer loyalty. Do you know your target market and what they’re looking for in your products or services? We can help! Too many businesses miss out on this vital service by outsourcing a call center that only focuses on answering calls.
3. Reliable and available 24/7/365
Your customers are counting on your call service to be there for them when your team isn’t available. To accomplish this, you need to hire a call center that offers round-the-clock service and possesses a reliable infrastructure that ensures it remains up and running in a secure manner. At TeleDirect, we partner with Amazon Web Services and Twilio to operate our global cloud infrastructure. It doesn’t get any more secure and reliable than that.
4. Experience in your industry
While call centers don’t need to be experts in your field, having some experience in your industry ensures seamless support and professional communication. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, you can count on our extensive knowledge in multiple industries.
5. Align with your company culture
Because your call center hire will represent your company, you need to ensure their company culture aligns with your own. How they treat their employees and the values they hold will reflect in the service they provide.
6. Ensure secure information
When you hire a call center, they gain access to your customers’ information and your business’s procedures. This information must be secured. Several companies have experienced significant data breaches, such as Equifax, T-Mobile, and Chick-fil-A. Once you lose customer trust, it’s difficult to get it back. At TeleDirect, we follow the highest information security standards, protecting you and your customers’ data.
Common Pitfalls to Avoid
Unfortunately, hiring the wrong call center can result in serious consequences for your business. To avoid any issues, make sure to avoid the following typical pitfalls.
- Hiring a call center that can’t handle your volume. Depending on the industry and business structure, some companies receive a lot of calls every day. Make sure you hire a call center with the manpower to provide the best customer experience. If your customers experience long wait times, your call center hire could do more harm than good.
- Lack of reporting and analytics. Some key metrics include information on the customers who call in and the results associated with each call. Does the call center provide performance analytics, or how long agents are on the phone with your clients? If this essential data is missing, it may be time to look elsewhere.
- Lack of empathy and follow-up. Following up is critical to a business’s success, yet many call centers fail to perform this essential act. At TeleDirect, we leverage phone calls, SMS messaging and social media to remain in contact with your customers, ensuring they know you care and helping retain each one.
Ensure All Your Call Center Requirements are Locked In – Contact TeleDirect Today!
There’s no official guidebook on how to hire a call center. Make the right call when hiring a call center and reach out to TeleDirect today. With our reliable, ready-to-deploy call center tools and resources, we have everything you need to succeed.
Looking to hire a call center? Fill out our customer contact form or give us a call at (800) 776-1081. Thanks for considering TeleDirect for your next call center!
Smitha is the CEO and CFO of TeleDirect. Smitha obtained her license as CPA in 2007 from the California Board of Accountancy. Smitha is a results-driven leader with a proven track record of driving profitability and growth. With over 20 years of experience in business and finance, Smitha’s expertise in developing and implementing strategic plans has led to significant improvements in customer satisfaction, employee engagement, and operational efficiency. Smitha’s expertise in financial analysis and strategic planning allows her to develop innovative solutions that balance the needs of clients, employees, and shareholders. Smitha is passionate about building strong relationships with clients and fostering a culture of excellence that empowers employees to deliver outstanding results.