Did You Know . . .
YOUR TEAM LEADERS WERE ONCE BUDDING NEW AGENTS JUST LIKE YOU!! THEY CAN RELATE TO THE STRUGGLES YOU GO THROUGH AS A NEW AGENT. LISTEN TO THEIR ADVICE. FOLLOW THEIR LEAD.
REMOTE AGENT SELF HELP
Sometimes as a Remote Agent things may happen that will prevent you from successfully logging in and getting to work. You are already aware of the IT Support line at 800-515-1718. Even if you don’t consider yourself very ‘tech-savvy’ there are some things you can do that do to help us help you. In some cases, you may be able to resolve the issue without calling IT Support.
Update Your Computer (PC/Windows)
- Click “Update & Security”. Install all updates.
- Restart the computer if needed.
- Type “Microphone Privacy Settings” in the search bar at top of the screen, then follow the link.
- Make sure “Allow app to access your microphone” is turned on (the white circle will be to the right).
- Type “audio” in the search bar, then select “Sound Playback Options”.
- Make sure your brand of headset is selected in the “Choose your output device” dropdown menu
- Make sure your brand of headset is selected in the “Choose your input device” dropdown menu
Username and Password
You will be sent your username and password
- Please navigate to https://app.teledirect.com
- Bookmark the website
How To Update The Chrome Browser
Though the Chrome browser should update itself automatically sometimes it is necessary to update the browser manually. Follow the instructions below to update the browser.
- Click the 3 vertical dots in the top right of the browser window
- Choose Settings
- Click the 3 horizontal lines next to the word “Settings”
- Choose About Chrome
- You will see in the middle of the screen either “Chrome is up to date” or “Chrome is updating”
The image below is what should be on your screen when Chrome is up to date.
IF YOU CAN'T LOG IN TO THE ACD
Symptom 1: The ACD won’t load, the screen continues to say “Loading” or “Connecting”, “Connection timed out”, or the page is blank.
Symptom 2: You are unable to see the Username and Password fields on the ACD page.
- Close all open Chrome browser windows
- Re-open Chrome and go to the Dashboard (https://app.teledirect.com)
- UNLESS YOU GET AN ONSCREEN NOTIFICATION REGARDING YOUR IP ADDRESS log into ACD from the link in the bottom left of the screen. Check image:
- If directed to update your IP address click the “Change IP address” link. Check image:
IF YOU CAN'T LOG IN TO THE DASHBOARD
Symptom 1: You enter your Username and Password but the page returns with blank fields (as if you’ve typed nothing in them).
You need to have your Dashboard password reset. Call the IT Support line at 800-515-1718.
When you call please say: “My Dashboard password needs to be reset. I cannot access the dashboard”
- Close all browser windows
- Wait 5-10 minutes
- Retry with the password IT Support provided you
- Log in
- If you are still unable to access the Dashboard please call again
At first successful login to the Dashboard you will be prompted to change your password. When asked for current password please use the password IT Support provided you.
Symptom 1: Your caller states they cannot hear you clearly or you sound as if you are in a tunnel.
Symptom 2: You are unable to hear the caller clearly or their voice is choppy/distorted.
Symptom 3: You are unable to hear anything out of your headsets or your microphone isn’t registering your voice.
Often times this happens when your internet connection is slower than what is optimal for voice communications. To verify your data rate (upload and download speed) is adequate please visit www.speedtest.net. Ideally, your upload speed should be above 5 Mbps and download above 12 Mbps.
Make sure you have your equipment set up correctly:
- WiFi is turned off.
- If you have a second pair of headsets, remove the first pair, replace with the second pair.
You also need to verify that your headsets are connected correctly. Check the video below for a demonstration of how to do this.
Cannot Pass Headset Test
Symptom 1: You do not hear the chime when performing the headset test.
Symptom 2: Your headsets are not recognized by Chrome or the ACD
Sometimes after Chrome browser updates your headset will be removed from within the settings. Follow the instructions below to confirm they are connected.
- Click the 3 dots in the top right corner of the browser window
- Choose Settings
- Type Clear” in the blue search bar at the top of the page
- Choose Advanced
- Check ALL the boxes
- Click CLEAR DATA
- Wait until the browser has completed the task. It will be clear when this is done.
- Restart the Chrome browser