Did You Know . . .
TeleDirect started as an 8 seat call center over 100 years ago LOL and grown into a multi KABILLION dollar company!!
REMOTE AGENT SELF HELP
Sometimes as a Remote Agent things may happen that will prevent you from successfully logging in and getting to work. You are already aware of the IT Support line at 800-515-1718. Even if you don’t consider yourself very ‘tech-savvy’ there are some things you can do that do to help us help you. In some cases, you may be able to resolve the issue without calling IT Support.
IF YOU CAN'T LOG IN TO THE ACD
Symptom 1: The ACD won’t load, the screen continues to say “Loading” or “Connecting”, the page is blank.
Symptom 2: You are unable to see the Username and Password fields on the ACD page.
This is usually a sign that your public ip address has changed. When this happens, go to www.speedtest.net to obtain your ip address. The red arrow in the image below shows where your ip address is located. Call the IT Support line at 800-515-1718 and give them your new ip address. When the IT staff receives your ticket they will update your information and notify you via text message (or email, if your phone is unable to receive text messages). You do not need to call the support line again unless your ip address changes again.
When you call please say: “My ip address has changed. My new ip address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”
IF YOU CAN'T LOG IN TO THE DASHBOARD
Symptom 1: You enter your Username and Password but the page returns with blank fields (as if you’ve typed nothing in them).
You need to have your Dashboard password reset. Call the IT Support line at 800-515-1718.
When you call please say: “My Dashboard password needs to be reset. I cannot access the dashboard”
- Close all browser windows
- Wait 5-10 minutes
- Retry with the password IT Support provided you
- Log in
- If you are still unable to access the Dashboard then call again
At first successful login to the Dashboard you will be prompted to change your password. When asked for current password please use the password IT Support provided you.
Symptom 1: The browser window goes completely black during a call
Symptom 2: The monitor goes black but has not lost power
- Turn the computer off
- Check cords. Make sure everything is plugged in securely
- Turn the computer back on (and monitor if necessary)
- Log back in to Dashboard and ACD
- Document reason for logout as “black screen”
Symptom 1: Your caller states they cannot hear you clearly or you sound as if you are in a tunnel.
Symptom 2: You are unable to hear the caller clearly or their voice is choppy/distorted.
Often times this happens when your internet connection is slower than what is optimal for voice communications. To verify your data rate (upload and download speed) is adequate please visit www.speedtest.net. Ideally, your upload speed should be above 5 Mbps and download above 12 Mbps.
Make sure you have your equipment set up correctly:
- WiFi is turned off.
- If you have a second pair of headsets, remove the first pair, replace with the second pair.
Cannot Pass Headset Test
Symptom 1: You do not hear the chime when performing the headset test.
Symptom 2: Your headsets are not recognized by Chrome or the ACD
Sometimes after Chrome browser updates your headset will be removed from within the settings. Follow the instructions below to confirm they are connected.
- Click the 3 dots in the top right corner of the browser window
- Choose Settings
- Type Clear” in the blue search bar at the top of the page
- Choose Advanced
- Check ALL the boxes
- Click CLEAR DATA
- Wait until the browser has completed the task. It will be clear when this is done.
- Restart the Chrome browser
How To Update The Chrome Browser
Though the Chrome browser should update itself automatically sometimes it is necessary to update the browser manually. Follow the instructions below to update the browser.
- Click the 3 vertical dots in the top right of the browser window
- Choose Settings
- Click the 3 horizontal lines next to the word “Settings”
- Choose About Chrome
- You will see in the middle of the screen either “Chrome is up to date” or “Chrome is updating”