Unless you’ve been living under the proverbial rock these past five years, you’ve noticed how social media outlets have changed traditional business paradigms. Everything from revenue streams to advertising to ecommerce is, in some way, directly related to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more.
Given this monumental shift in how businesses interact with their customers (and would-be customers), all the experts agree: social media has revolutionized everything. Which might be the biggest understatement of the century (so far).
Many businesses regard these social media interactions from an outreach point of view. Some examples include:
- How can I use social media to promote a new product or service?
- Will more tweets necessarily equate to more revenue?
- What are the best methods for implementing a Facebook advertising strategy?
While these (and many other) types of social media interaction are absolutely critical for optimal business performance, it helps to remember that social media communication is a two-way street. And increasingly, customers are using social media as a portal for customer service. Thus, incoming social media communications from concerned customers demand a viable solution. What is the potential impact – both positive and negative – for your brand and reputation? Is your business paying attention to these trends? More to the point, are you prepared to meet customer service demands via your social media communications strategy?
To grasp how social media customer service has grown, consider the following statistics:
- For the first time in history, digital advertising spending – driven largely by social media sites like Facebook and Twitter – have eclipsed traditional TV ad spending.
- The popular social media video sharing site & app Snapchat has more than 10 billion daily views. That’s about 1.5 videos watched per person – for every person on the planet!
- Even “negative” reports about social media use aren’t so bad. Despite slower-than-expected growth last year, Twitter still exceeded the 300 million-user plateau.
Reputation Management: How Social Media can Spread your Message – and Salvage Business Relationships
With so much being said through social media channels, it’s inevitable that some chatter will be about your business. Much of it will be positive, but there will be some negative feedback, too.
In times past, a company’s customer service department worked through traditional channels – hand-written letters (gasp!), phone conversations, and face-to-face meetings. Today, social media has become a de facto customer service portal; a good portion of your clients will reach out to your firm through Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook and other avenues.
If your firm doesn’t have a social media outreach initiative – and your customer service should include social media-savvy messaging – your reputation can quickly take a hit.
Thankfully, TeleDirect’s business process outsourcing (BPO) call center service can supplement your social media communications with a reliable, proven platform. We’ll help supplement your social media customer service capability with industry-leading responsiveness, effective follow-up contact and a versatile solution that fits any business sector – even yours!
Connect to Customers with Social Media-Savvy Support – Call TeleDirect Today
TeleDirect’s call center platform incorporates many of social media’s distinct advantages, and we’ll work with you to produce an optimal customer communication platform.
- Rapid communication. Social media may as well be called streamlined media. From split-second news reports to the latest cultural trends, the social media wave runs faster than ever. TeleDirect takes the same approach with our BPO call center integrations. We’ll help your firm handle incoming calls, conduct follow-up communications and improve your sales initiatives with useful, actionable data collection.
- Reliable performance. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram appeal to a mass audience, thanks to easy-to-use features, intuitive interfaces, and fluid technology. Oh, and they’re available 99.99% of the time. TeleDirect’s infrastructure – bolstered by Amazon Web Services (AWS), Twilio and other platforms – has a similar reliability factor. After all, if you can’t communicate with your customers 24/7/365, what’s the point of your call center? Our call center platform is all about adding value to your organization.
- Relevant, up-to-the-minute information. In the world of social media, last hour’s news might as well be last week’s news. The volume of information transmitted through your social media communications is only eclipsed by its speed. Likewise, your call center should be prepared to handle heavy traffic, and also make sense of the “noise” which can overwhelm unprepared communication channels.
Your social media strategy is a cornerstone of your customer communication plan. And with TeleDirect’s expertise in your corner, you’ll connect with clients more frequently – and more efficiently – than ever before.
See how TeleDirect can elevate and enhance your call center platform in conjunction with your social media initiatives. Visit our contact page to fill out a customer contact form; our call center and social media experts will schedule a personalized business consultation and explore the solutions you’re looking for. You can also call our customer communication consultants directly at (800) 776-1081. Thanks for visiting TeleDirect!
Smitha is the CEO and CFO of TeleDirect. As the CEO of TeleDirect, Smitha is responsible for running all facets of the business and has a proven executive management track record. Smitha obtained her license as CPA in 2007 from the California Board of Accountancy. With more than 15 years of experience in business, finance and accounting, Smitha is also responsible for implementing financial controls and processes. She is also responsible for organizational improvements and streamlining business operations that drive growth, increase efficiency, and bottom-line profit.