Every employer appreciates a hard day’s work – and most employees are up to the task. From doctors to engineers to service employees, employees are more than willing to put in the required hours (and at times, overtime hours) to accomplish any job.
And all for good reasons…show your employer you can be counted on to deliver in the clutch, and the perks – increased compensation, time off, promotions – are just some of the incentives that drive the employer / employee “scratch my back, and I’ll scratch your back” scenario.
Most of the time, this dynamic relationship benefits both parties involved. However, employee burnout is one unintended consequence. According to recent research, a significant portion of employees – including nearly 75% of call center agents – are at risk of burnout.
TeleDirect’s outsourced expertise can indirectly help with employee burnout, since our core functions lessen the load on your company’s overall infrastructure.
What causes employee burnout, and how can you avoid it?
Primary Causes of Burnout – and How to Fix It!
Here are a few reasons employees reach a breaking point:
- Understaffing. Poor hiring decisions can hurt a company’s ability to handle workloads, and it’s a primary driver of employee burnout.
- Repetition. Common in quasi-automated jobs (factory workers, and to a lesser degree, call center agents) the mere act of doing one thing over and over again is a concern for employees.
- Anonymity. If employees don’t feel they’re properly recognized or lauded for exceptional efforts, burnout is right around the corner.
- Poor training / resources. Outdated technology and improper training techniques also contribute to employee burnout.
How can your company combat burnout? Try these things ASAP:
- Offer incentives. Gift cards, a bump in pay, extra time off – they all ward off burnout, since employees know they’ll be rewarded for solid efforts.
- Strategically outsource to cover understaffed positions. Call center agents often feel outnumbered with incoming calls, which is why it’s smart to consider a professional outsourcing solution (like TeleDirect) to keep morale high.
- Monitor workloads. A little extra analysis on workloads can help mitigate burnout before it even becomes a problem.
- Offer a work from home policy. More than ever, companies offer flexible working arrangements to avoid employee burnout. One such way is with a work from home option.
Need some outsourced expertise to ward off burnout and increase day-to-day efficiency? Contact TeleDirect and explore a customized outsourced solution today. Just complete our customer contact form or call our call center consultants at (800) 776-1081. Get in touch with TeleDirect before burnout occurs – contact us today!