What’s the ideal skill set for call center agents?
Communication techniques have to be at the top of the list. Other attributes help distinguish merely competent call center agents from the truly irreplaceable ones. Which skills should your call center agents exhibit on a daily basis? Finding out where you’re lacking is important, in order to turn weaknesses into strengths.
TeleDirect, the leader in business process outsourcing (BPO) for the call center industry, offers a multi-tier, customized solution for your exact call center needs. This includes:
- Inbound and outbound strategies
- Lead sourcing and optimization
- Call center platform services
- Highly trained call center agents
- And much more
Our professionally trained call center agents provide the backbone of our entire inbound call center service menu. Which skills do they possess, and which ones should your own internal staff work on? Keep reading to find out more!
Professional Skills & the Personal Touch: What Every Call Center Agent Should Bring to the Table
Here’s a helpful handful of useful, practical skills all call center agents should know about – and strive to perfect every day!
- Personality points. What separates automated call center services from live trained agents? Unique character. The ability to listen and understand. A decidedly human touch to an ever-increasingly robotized landscape. In other words, personality. Regardless of your call center agents’ personality types, as long as they’re solving problems for clients, you’re good to go!
- The ability to multitask. Your call center is a multitasking wonder. Call center agents should match this flexible, adaptable ethic. From fielding queries to entering data, from creating practical solutions to scheduling follow-up communication, all call center agents need to do a dozen things – sometimes, simultaneously. That’s why companies rely on TeleDirect to deliver top-notch live call center agents, regardless of their industry.
- Crunch time characteristics. Performing under pressure. Getting it done in crunch time. Whatever you call it, your call center agents need to be their best when external circumstances aren’t. If something can go wrong, it will. Knowing how to navigate high pressure, under-the-gun episodes helps elevate extraordinary agents from also-rans.
- Knowledge about your products and services. All call center representatives need to know the ins and outs of their business. This is one reason why some companies are hesitant to sign up with BPO solutions like TeleDirect. However, once they see how our agents understand their clients’ services – whether healthcare products, insurance, and more – they know they’re getting knowledgeable assets with a team-first mentality.
- A positive outlook. Ultimately, effective call center agents deliver solutions and solve problems. This is impossible without a true passion for doing what they love – and it starts with having a positive attitude! If your current call center service has everyone feeling that negative vibe, make the switch to TeleDirect.
Want the Best Call Center Agents? Here’s Something You Should Know: Contact TeleDirect Today!
If your call center has a streamlined, tech-savvy structure, you’re already ahead of the game. Add seasoned, professional, friendly, well-trained agents, and your call center is at the top of the pyramid. The problem is – just like many other limited resource areas – the pool of capable candidates seems to shrink every day.
That’s why small, medium and large companies use TeleDirect for their entire live agent staffing needs. To learn more how we can help with all of your contact center requirements, fill out our customer contact form or call us directly at (800) 776-1081.