Healthcare is personal by its very nature. The relationships between patients and caregivers – doctors, nurses, aides, and countless other providers – are the foundation of positive, meaningful healthcare experiences.
And that’s precisely why some healthcare organizations are reluctant to implement virtual contact centers. Healthcare personnel are rightly concerned about how they can still offer personalized, patient-friendly service for a variety of processes, including:
- Scheduled follow-up visits
- Telehealth services (in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, an increasingly convenient and safe method of patient care)
- Doctor’s visit information (test results, prognosis, diagnosis, etc.)
- Switching doctors and other healthcare providers
- Managing HIPAA guidelines (in other words, the integrity and security of sensitive patient information)
- And much more
With an online-based customer (and patient) contact portal, along with an array of resources to bolster communication, TeleDirect has a solution in store for your healthcare virtual contact center.
From insurance to manufacturing and a host of other industries, TeleDirect provides practical, customized contact center solutions, all with the convenience and flexibility to implement customer-friendly platforms. The healthcare industry is no different – and given the enormous challenges in the age of widespread pandemics, our turnkey healthcare call center services are a great way to manage your patient outreach strategy, especially in the face of COVID-19.
Virtual Contact Center Guidelines
One of the big advantages of a competent, fully capable virtual contact center is the sheer volume of calls and communication channels it can handle. Any health crisis creates an instant spike in patient-healthcare provider interaction.
But that’s not all; in order to fully ensure your virtual contact center is ready for anything, here are some things you can do to bolster call platform productivity. TeleDirect can help with the following process as well:
- Identify critical COVID-19 related requests across your entire healthcare continuum (triage, emergency care centers, urgent care, offices, etc.).
- Build and support a reliable cloud-based contact platform that encourages social distancing and enhanced personal safety for contact center personnel and support staff, even while providing the same level of care your patients expect. This is one of the most important elements of any healthcare call center, particularly for COVID-19.
- Implement specialized scripts and other communication methods related to COVID-19 requirements. These include queries related to recent travel, known exposure, and more.
- Review and analyze quality assurance polices to address normal healthcare needs along with COVID-19 communication protocols.
- Create a helpful frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for patients to gather information during off-hours.
- Offer additional office hours or additional support personnel to handle extra capacity. TeleDirect provides professionally trained agents to help with considerable volume and patient demand.
- Track key performance metrics for COVID-19 tasks and processes, and ensure visibility and action items for all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure redundancy and security for all patient data. Even before COVID-19, HIPAA regulations were a foremost concern for call centers. Now more than ever, healthcare call centers require a contact portal that’s robust enough to handle large volume, yet efficient and secure enough to process patient information with the utmost integrity.
As healthcare workplaces transform from an “up close and personal” model to a more remote-based way of working (think telehealth services and remote appointments), your virtual contact center will play a central role in the quality of your patient care – not to mention, total patient satisfaction. TeleDirect is here to assist with all of your virtual contact center needs.
Connect with TeleDirect – Elevate Your Virtual Contact Center Today!
Need assistance with a reliable virtual contact center? If you’d like to improve your healthcare contact center capability without sacrificing patient information security and other concerns related to the patient-care provider dynamic, TeleDirect can help today!
Long before COVID-19, our web and cloud-based contact portal was a preferred patient communication platform. During the current global health crisis, and for future challenges, TeleDirect will continue to provide remote, outsourced solutions for all healthcare providers. That way, your enterprise can focus on what you do best – care for your patients!
Don’t delay with your virtual healthcare contact center implementation. Simply fill out our customer contact form, and one of our healthcare call center consultants will be in touch. To speak with a TeleDirect associate, give us a call at (800) 776-1081.
We look forward to managing your customer contact system, whether you’re a small independent healthcare company or a nationwide enterprise. Contact us today! Thanks for visiting TeleDirect.