Some of the most overused adages are packed with truth. That’s why they’re so popular. Perhaps the most well-known is this one: You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
From social situations to buttoned-up business meetings, first impressions are everything. Make a first impression faux pas, and your chances of future business are likely gone. Yet make a memorable initial meeting, and your potential client becomes a paying customer.
That’s just one reason why having a competent call center is so critical for success. However, many companies lack the internal resources, time, and expertise to ensure their first impressions on the phone meet and exceed customer expectations.
TeleDirect, the leader in business process outsourcing (BPO) for call center assistance, ensures your business always makes a great first impression. Without this important element in your contact center repertoire, many would-be leads and customers fall by the wayside. A trusted, total communication solution like TeleDirect’s call center platform provides confidence, competence, and complete control over your direct client contact.
How can a bad first impression on the phone reduce your ability to gain customers and grow business?
First Impression Foul-ups: The True Cost of a Bad First Impression
Since your business only gets that precious first chance to start things off on the right (business) foot, as it were, it’s imperative to make each one count. Whether you’re fielding product questions or talking with potential clients about a particular service, your opening presentation goes a long way in answering the following client questions:
- Can I trust this company to deliver consistent quality?
- Based on my initial communication, how likely am I to continue to use their products and services?
- Does their communication strategy align with their brand? If not, why the inconsistencies?
- Were all of my questions answered?
- After the call, do I still have doubts or concerns about the company’s communication skills?
- And many more
If a would-be customer comes away from the first conversation with anything less than complete trust, you’ve probably already lost the business. The same goes for existing clients; if their first impression of your support or call center isn’t favorable, they might look for assistance (and business) elsewhere.
So what are some ways you can make a great first impression on the phone?
- Listen. Let your customer speak. The only way to solve a problem, deliver a service, or address a concern is to understand what your client is saying. A great first impression starts with being an attentive listener.
- Get expert outsourcing. Handling your company’s communication internally presents plenty of hurdles with manpower, resource optimization, and overall business costs. With exceptional outsourced call center functionality, you’ll have “first impression experts” working full-time on your behalf. TeleDirect’s live agent support delivers professional, on-point communication, from initial contact to lifelong support. Get a quote today and enjoy top flight first impression communication!
- Polite always wins. Remember your parents always telling you to mind your manners? Turns out, they knew something about making a favorable first impression on the phone. Good phone etiquette is bolstered by a friendly, positive, and polite demeanor.
- Suggest a follow-up conversation. Turning warm leads into paying customers is one area where a solid first impression on the phone helps. Once you’ve understood what the client is asking for, additional problem solving may require follow-up communication. This is an ideal time to upsell additional services, offer product enhancements, or simply make sure everything is OK. To gain business, sometimes you have to ask for it – and asking for a follow-up call is a viable strategy for making a great first impression!
Contact TeleDirect Today – Get Your First Impression Right
With crystal-clear communication, professional live agent assistance, and industry-leading call center platform tools and resources, TeleDirect helps you achieve first-rate first impressions – every time!
Contact our call center consultants, and we’ll develop a strategy to handle all of your customer communication requirements, from initial consultation and beyond. To learn more about our complete BPO call center capability, give us a call at (800)776-1081 – see how we’ll make a great first impression with you today!